Aktueller Inhalt von Nadeem Mohammad

1. Nadeem Mohammad

Optimierungen auf bestimmte Benchmarks

We do not endorse benchmark cheating - its a corporate policy - no exceptions. Basically its unfair for end users - I would be very unhappy if I purchased a product because it had high benchmarks but then bad game performance - so I want to treat our customers like I want to be treated - its...
  2. Nadeem Mohammad

Low-Budget GPU, PCI-Express1x ?

The PCI Sig committee does put strict power budject restrictions on both PCIe 16x and PCIe 1x - at S3 we plan to fit within these guidelines!! A 25W PCIe solution , 16x or 1x is possible using GammaChrome products. We are not disclosing any final configuration plans of our PCIe board...
  3. Nadeem Mohammad

New S3 Graphics without Air Cooling?

This is an interest question. Even though we compete against 9600 and 5700 etc. we do have some special advantages - one of which is our very low power. So it is possible to have a DeltaChrome solution which does not require a FAN. The thermal cooling could affect the "over-clocking" head...
  4. Nadeem Mohammad

Drivers

Yes we do have Linux drivers for DeltaChrome. I believe they will be mixed open source - we'll get details for you. Thanks, Nadeem
  5. Nadeem Mohammad

S3 DeltaChrome - Einsatz im Notebook

Thanks - this is a good question. You are right that DeltaChrome would be a compeditive mobile discrete graphics processor. We have a mobile version of DeltaChrome called DeltaChrome X9m, which has all the features of the desktop version of the chip and running at the same clock speeds...
  6. Nadeem Mohammad

Lieferbarkeit?

Thank you very much for your interest. You are right that we had indicated earlier availablity - in fact the chip started production in Novemember. Final availablity will be set by our board vendors - the first company to ship will be Club3D - and I believe they will be shipping very soon...
  7. Nadeem Mohammad

Was hat S3 in den letzten 3 Jahren gemacht?

Thank you for question and answer - I am impressed with your knowledge. Stickedy is correct. At one time S3 was dominent market leader in PC graphics - I was think we had 80%+ of the market place (a record which still holds today). S3 focus started to change and the merger with Diamond...
  8. Nadeem Mohammad

Advanced Deffered Rendering

Actually we have shader compilers in our DeltaChrome drivers today. We have invested alot of effort into the compiler development and we will continue to improve them. The efficiency of the code the compiler produces is critical in the final performance the user enjoys - a bad compiler can...
  9. Nadeem Mohammad

PCI-Express/AGP

You are most welcome.
  10. Nadeem Mohammad

Referenz-Design?

This is a good question. As a chip vendor we develop reference board designs to leverage the features and best performance of our products. We try to cover as many options as we can to give our board vendors the oppotunity to create different configurations. We provide strict guidelines...
  11. Nadeem Mohammad

Welche Zielgruppe?

Hi Folks I see various questions in this thread. DeltaChrome is graphics and video product - it does not support Audio. Another question was about our position against ATI9800 etc. DeltaChrome S8 and S8 Nitro are positioned to be mainstream products competing against ATI9600 and...
  12. Nadeem Mohammad

VIA / S3 Graphics und PowerVR

S3G was in good faith discussions regarding ST's graphics technology. These discussions did not result in any buisness deal. S3G continued to develop its own graphics core technology. I hope this helps,
  13. Nadeem Mohammad

PCI-Express/AGP

Some good questions. It is an interest debate about how long vendors like our selves should continue to support AGP. It really depends on the customers. Feedback we recieved from board vendors and OEM's suggested that the switch to PCIe will occur quite quickly. DeltaChrome series of...
  14. Nadeem Mohammad

Advanced Deffered Rendering

Sorry for responding in English. The reference to "advance defered rendering" in our specifications refers to a feature we have inside the DeltaChrome which allows us to perform a quick pass over the vertex buffers to create a high level Z-buffer, this helps us reject out of order overlapping...
  15. Nadeem Mohammad

Drivers

S3 Graphics has been providing commercial quality drivers to support our OEM customers which have included companies like IBM and Toshiba. We have a comprehensive driver development infastructure - focusing more on stablity and compatiblity. DeltaChrome is supported by unified driver set...
Zurück
Oben Unten