AGP 8x compatibility?

K5-User

Cadet
Renomée
Many users complain about the bad compatibility of their AGP 8x videocard and the mainboard, regardless if nForce2 or KT400A is used. Now I wonder, why this problems are repeating again and again!

When AGP 2x was introduced, many users had to reduce rate to 1x for stable usage (Aladdin V, Irongate,...)
When AGP 4x was intriduced, the same game with AGP 2x (Apollo 133, KT133).

Now, AGP 8x has been introduced and many users have to reduce to AGP 4x (nForce2, KT400[A]).

Where is the problem? There are exact specifications, aren't they? Is it a chipset- or a videocard problem? Can you explain it a bit more detailed?

Thanks 8)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Original geschrieben von K5-User
Many users complain about the bad compatibility of their AGP 8x videocard and the mainboard, regardless if nForce2 or KT400A is used. Now I wonder, why this problems are repeating again and again!

When AGP 2x was introduced, many users had to reduce rate to 1x for stable usage (Aladdin V, Irongate,...)
When AGP 4x was intriduced, the same game with AGP 2x (Apollo 133, KT133).

Now, AGP 8x has been introduced and many users have to reduce to AGP 4x (nForce2, KT400[A]).

Where is the problem? There are exact specifications, aren't they? Is it a chipset- or a videocard problem? Can you explain it a bit more detailed?

Thanks 8)

K5-User,
This is my personal, As new Technology is released in the market. We always have some problem but as days go on as the product is getting matured, the product also getting more and more stable. Can you imagine the CPU Speed, Memory Timings, clocks are getting faster and faster. At first there are lots of validation done to make it sure that everything are in the specs before releasing it to the market but still you will encounter some problem once it was release in the general market since you can't control what's everybody configuration or product combination. All the device release in the market are in the specs but some area are still in marginal once it was combined with other devices. Thanks

Zurück
Oben Unten