Der BOINC-Entwicklungsfred

so, hier ist noch der fehlende Changelog:

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.1

client: fix for idle detection on Linux (from Gianfranco).
API, Linux: shared memory between app and graphics app shouldn't be world RW.
client, Linux: improve error-checking in idle-detection code.
client: compute host CPID as hash of (MAC address, current directory). That way if there are multiple instances per host, they'll get different host CPIDs.
Compile fixes for Ubuntu.
client, Win: when running GPU detect, use "boinc.exe" rather than "boinc" on cmdline. An alpha tester reported that this fixed an error; not sure why.
Mac: Update build script for wxWidgets 3.0.0
Windows: Update build script for wxWidgets 3.0.0
Linux: Update build script for wxWidgets 3.0.0
Mac: update build scripts for OS 10.9
Mac: script builds boinc_zip library when building other BOINC libraries.
client, Android: run CPU-intensive apps in background mode.
client: Default to /usr/bin when looking for VboxManage.

Depending on the Linux distro it can be in many different locations, even if it is installed in a different location there is normally a symbolic link in /usr/bin which points to the real deal. Vboxwrapper should be able to run it successfully because it'll be in the standard search path.

client: work fetch policy tweak.

If a project has active uploads, defer work fetch from it for 5 minutes even if there are idle devices (that's the change). This addresses a situation (reported by Rytis) where:
-> a project P has a jobs-in-progress limit less than NCPUS;
-> P's jobs finish and are uploading;
-> the client asks P for work and doesn't get any because of the limit;
-> the client does exponential backoff from P.

Over the long term, P can get much less than its fair share of work.

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.1 -> 7.3.2

client: post a notice if user settings (project prefs, config file, and/or account manager settings) prevent this host from ever getting work from a project.
client: remove "can't get work" notices that don't apply anymore; make notice text translatable.
client: fix bugs in "can't get tasks" notice.
client: fix job scheduling bug that could starve CPUs.

Job scheduling has 2 phases:

-> make_run_list(): build a sorted list of runnable jobs.
-> enforce_run_list() go through the list and run jobs.

The run list in general contains more jobs than can actually be run. This is intentional. There are lots of reasons why enforce_run_list() might not be able to run a particular job, and we don't know these during make_run_list(). So we need to give enforce_run_list() a surplus of choices.

The problem: make_run_list() was accounting RAM usage of jobs in the list, and stopping when this exceeded physical RAM. This led to a situation where we added a bunch of GPU jobs to the list - more than could actually be run - and this caused too few CPU jobs to be put in the list.

Oddly, the comment at the start of cpu_sched.cpp said that RAM usage was ignored by make_run_list(); this was not the case.
Anyway, I (David) removed RAM accounting from make_run_list().

client: fix bug that caused spurious "Request CPU reschedule: RAM usage limit exceeded".

Problem: we were ignoring the RAM usage of non-CPU-intensive jobs when scheduling jobs, but counting it when deciding whether a reschedule is needed. Ignore it both places.

client: if <mem_usage_debug> set, show totals of BOINC tasks.
Mac: update build scripts for OS 10.8 or later and current versions of dependent libraries:

-> c-ares 1.10.0
-> curl 7.35.0
-> openssl 1.0.1f
-> sqlite 3.8.3

Erst mal Danke für eure Infos.
Hast du mal was gehört ab es angedacht ist WP 8 zu unterstützen?

Neue Boinc Installer 7.2.42 für:

windows_intel86
windows_x86_64

windows_intel86_vbox
windows_x86_64_vbox

macOSX_SymbolTablets
macOSX_i686_apple_darwin
macOS_i686

x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.sh
x686-pc-linux.gnu.sh

und die Boinc App 7.3.7.apk für Android

sind erschienen.

Download:http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=D

Changelog:
Preliminary Change Log 7.2.39 -> 7.2.41

client: Default to /usr/bin when looking for VboxManage.
Depending on the Linux distro it can be in many different locations, even if it is installed in a different location there is normally a symbolic link in /usr/bin which points to the real deal. Vboxwrapper should be able to run it successfully because it'll be in the standard search path.

MGR: Fix how we pass the ISO language code to the CC.
Using mb_str() can be problematic if you do not reuse the pointer right away, if the wxString is used in any other way between when you extract the pointer to the data and the data itself the reference is freed and the pointer can end up pointing to something else entirely.
client: Update project build files for World Community Grid.
lib: get RAM, CPU, etc. information about BOINC processes even if it is running as Charity Engine.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Leider noch nix bzgl. XB1 oder WP8 gehört .....

Sofern hier jemand ans MS XDK kommt, könnte man eine Portierung machen ...; für WP8 sollte MSVS 2012 eigentlich reichen - aber egal ob XB1 oder WP8 - man müsste es selbst machen :(

Ich bastle jedenfalls weiter an meiner XB1 .... da geht doch sicher was !

Hinweis:

A new version of BOINC (7.2.42) is ready for public use. You can download it here. See the release notes and version history for details.
Eine neue Version von Boinc ist bereit für die öffentliche Nutzung.Sie können es hier herunter laden :http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=D

Siehe die Releases Notes und Versionshistorie für die Details.

So, ich mach mal weiter.

Die Installer für: Boinc 7.3.8

macOSX_SymbolTablets
macOSX_i686_apple_darwin
macOS_i686

sind jetzt auch da.

Download:http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=D

Changelog:
Preliminary Change Log 7.3.2 -> 7.3.3

Mac: fixes to building and linking wxCocoa-3.0.0
• Ensure that Debug build of Manager uses Debug build of wxWidgets, and Release build of manager uses Release build of wxWidgets.
• Ensure that wxWidgets is built to use UTF-8 encoding on Mac, to match Mac manager.
MGR: Commit new icon templates from Jacob Klein.
boinccmd: add --client_version command; don't crash if missing command.
Fix for building XP-compatible apps with VS2012, from Jon Sonntag.
MGR: Possible fix for excess CPU usage when Manager window is closed / hidden.
• (Charlie) I think this is safe, but it needs testing to ensure it has no adverse side effects.
client & manager: Update icons for all client-side components.
MGR: If the desired icon size is missing use the next higher or lower one that is available.
client & manager: Update icons for all client-side components. (v2)
MGR: Fix how we pass the ISO language code to the CC.
• Using mb_str() can be problematic if you do not reuse the pointer right away, if the wxString is used in any other way between when you extract the pointer to the data and the data itself the reference is freed and the pointer can end up pointing to something else entirely.
client: "Accept-Language", not "ACCEPT_LANGUAGE", in HTTP.
Re-enable accidentally disabled check for user activity on not-Android platforms.
Mac: In build script, Patch wxWidgets source files to fix crashes on OS 10.5 or 10.6 when built on OS 10.7 or later.

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.3 -> 7.3.8

MGR: Fix the calls to SetDefault() for CSkinAdvanced on Mac and Linux.
Mac: fix screensaver crash on OS 10.5.
MGR: wxSystemOptions::GetMetric doesn't appear to be implemented on the Mac, so hard code the desired icon size to 16x16 for the menu bar.
client & manager: Update icons for all client-side components. (v3b)
client & manager: Update icons for all client-side components. (v4)
MGR: Load missing icon sizes for High DPI systems on Windows.
MGR: Remove older icon templates (v1, v2, v3).
client/scheduler: NVIDIA compute capability 5 GPUS have 128 cores, not 192. NVIDIA has no plans to provide an API that tells you how many cores; I've asked.
client: when not piggybacking work request, explain why in log message (explain reason "don't need").
client: message tweak.
client: use user-friendly GPU names in log messages.
WINBUILD: Remove InstallShield's permission setting mechanism, rely on the SetPermissions custom actions instead.
WINBUILD: Only create BOINC related user groups when installing as a service.
WINBUILD: Always reset the permissions on the BOINC Data directory.
Mac: Fix misplaced character In wxWidgets build script.
Mac installer: fixes for Mac installer and uninstaller for BOINC 7.3 series on OS 10.5 through OS 10.9
• also remove obsolete methods of removing and adding Login Items.
MGR: Work around an issue with wxCocoa which prevented BOINC Manager from running if launched hidden (when launched automatically on user login).
MGR: Improvements to comments.
WINBUILD: Remove the CreateBOINCGroups custom action from the non-service install path. Removes a required reboot on the very first time you install BOINC.
WINBUILD: Properly handle the 'All Users can control BOINC' installer flag. Fixes ticket #1025.
WINBUILD: Fix old icon references, point to the new stuff.
Mac installer: update an obsolete comment.
MISC: Update all_projects_list.xml for desktop and Android software.
MISC: Ignore the BOINCCAS build files
scheduler: if gui_urls.xml or project_files.xml don't end with \n, add one. Otherwise the scheduler reply has two tags on one line, which messes up old clients that don't use the new XML parse.
MGR: after initial install with acct_mgr_url.xml file, if we automatically showed the Attach Wizard, hide the Manager only if branded for GridRepublic, Charity Engine or Progress Thru Processors.
lib: get RAM, CPU, etc. information about BOINC processes even if it is running as Charity Engine.
Mac installer: update AddRemoveUser command-line utility for compatibility with OS 10.5 - OS 10.9
• eliminate obsolete LoginItemAPI code.
Mac: delete obsolete LoginItemAPI code.
Mac uninstaller: remove reference to obsolete LoginItemAPI.h
MGR: Fix save and restore of main window position on Mac.
MGR: Still more improvements and simplification of Mac code for wxCocoa 3.0
MGR: If user moves SimpleView window, immediately save its new position to registry / config file.
MGR: On Mac, clean up properly on logout or system shutdown to ensure preferences file is written.
MGR: Another round of improvements and simplification of Mac code for wxCocoa 3.0
• I found a better way to work around an issue with wxCocoa which prevented BOINC Manager from running if launched hidden (when launched automatically on user login) than the one I implemented in commit 082aff7.
• This change allowed me to again call the original wxApp::CallOnInit().
• The original wxApp::CallOnInit() fixed the clean up on logout or system shutdown, ensuring preferences file is written, so I could remove my nasty hack in commit 0aefd62.
MGR: Fix broken icon in Advanced Preferences "Exclusive Applications" tab.
• GetIcon(wxDefaultSize) for wxIconBundle objects uses wxSystemSettings::GetMetric(wxSYS_ICON_X) which is not supported on Mac.
MGR: Enforce a 16x16 image for the advanced prefs tab control for all platforms. wxImageList is initialized for 16x16 and would probably throw an error for any other size.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Die nächste Version ist da! Boinc 7.3.9 für:

windows_intel86
windows_x86_64

windows_intel86_vbox
windows_x86_64_vbox

macOSX_SymbolTablets
macOSX_i686_apple_darwin
macOS_i686

Download: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=D

Changelog: 7.3.8 -> 7.3.9

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.8 -> 7.3.9

API: fix bug causing CPU time under-reporting for compound apps. Check options.send_status_msgs before reporting CPU time on exit.
MGR: Update Mac precompiled header file for debugging options appropriate with wxWidgets-3.0
MGR: Remove obsolete code that should no longer be needed.
MGR: same as previous commit.
MGR: Setup an assert handler under the wxWidgets 3.x framework, log output to the log file on release builds.
MGR: Hookup wxWidgets 3.0 diagnostics framework, redirect asserts to stderr.
MGR: Remove what are now over active asserts complaining about pConfig being NULL. Apparently we knew already knew that pConfig could be NULL in certain circumstances and followed up with a check to return from the function if pConfig was NULL, that code was added in 2007. The assert check wasn't really needed after that point.
MGR: Update BOINC icon set to v5.
MGR: If an assert is thrown while running under a debugger, break into the debugger.
MGR: Re-introduce the OnEndSession event handler.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Warnung vor Boinc. 7.3.9

Es gibt ein BUG in der CPU-Erkennung (Feature Flags), welcher zu Problemen mit Apps (SSE und höher) führen kann.

Aus dem Emailverkehr dazu:
I upgraded to 7.3.9, and I still don't see avx. In fact, a bunch of the processor features disappeared. Over on asteroids, I was getting the SSE3 app with 7.2.42. With 7.3.9, I can't get those any more, just the generic app that doesn't use any of the features. It looks like the server thinks I don't have SSE3 any more.

1 Starting BOINC client version 7.2.42 for windows_x86_64
21 Processor: 8 GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz [Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9]
22 Processor features: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss htt tm pni ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes syscall nx lm vmx tm2 pbe
23 OS: Microsoft Windows 7: Professional x64 Edition, Service Pack 1, (06.01.7601.00)

1 Starting BOINC client version 7.3.9 for windows_x86_64
21 Processor: 8 GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz [Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9]
22 Processor features: fpu pse msr pae apic sep pge mca pat psn dts acpi fxsr ss fma cx16 movebe f16c rdrandsyscall nx lm fsgsbase smep vmx smx dca
23 OS: Microsoft Windows 7: Professional x64 Edition, Service Pack 1, (06.01.7601.00)

nach dem Upgrade erkennt Boinc (wenigstens unter Windows) kein SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2 usw.... sodass entsprechende Projektapps gelöscht und dazugehörige Wu gelöscht bzw nicht mehr angefordert werden.

Leider steht auch noch nicht fest, ob alle Fehler dazu im 7.3.10er Boinc schon behoben sind.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Wahrscheinlich wurde deshalb der Boinc Installer 7.3.10 veröffentlicht!

windows_intel86
windows_x86_64

windows_intel86_vbox
windows_x86_64_vbox

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.9 -> 7.3.10
MGR: Only dump a crash report if wxUSE_DEBUGREPORT is defined in wxWidgets.
MGR: Get assert handler working on Macintosh to log output to the log file on release builds.
• Fix build break on Mac: wxUSE_DEBUGREPORT is defined as 1 even though wxDebugReport() is not available in wxCocoa built from wxCocoa.xcodeproj.
MGR: We need to cast mb_str() calls when using fprintf or some other C Runtime function.
MGR: Remove dead code.
MGR: Fix single instance detection so that it is compatible with Fast User Switching on Windows and Mac. We are now using wxSingleInstanceChecker which should be compatible on all platforms.
MGR & Client: Massive code clean-up. Remove as much of the LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress stuff as we can under VS 2012.
client: Fix the CPUID calls for structured extension feature flags, it was clobbering standard support flags on Windows.
LIB: Introduce the notion of per-user account log files. Setup the manager, tray applet, and screen saver to use per-user account log files. Technically the default screen saver should be as well.

Log Locations:
• WIN : %APPDATA%\BOINC
• MAC : $(HOME)/Library/Logs/BOINC
• Linux : $(HOME)/.BOINC

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
So, der Boinc Installer 7.3.11 für

windows_intel86
windows_x86_64

windows_intel86_vbox
windows_x86_64_vbox

x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.sh
x686-pc-linux.gnu.sh

ist da!

Eine neue Boinc_7.3.12.apk ist auch vorhanden!

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.10 -> 7.3.11
MGR: Fixes for fast user switching support.
• Fix a crash bug which prevented "Launch another BOINC Manager" from working.
• Fix compiler warnings of possible buffer overflow due to incorrect calls to strncat()
• Adjust directories for per-user files on Macintosh.
Mac uninstaller: Fixes for fast user switching support.
LIB: Store the per-user log files in the local profile area instead of the roaming area. We do not need to copy the log files back up to a home directory server when roaming profiles are used.
MGR: If an account manager is specified via an installer, skip displaying the attach wizard. (Simple GUI)
LIB: Revert the previous LIB entry and remove the heap check in the tray applet.
MGR: Treat asserts like other messages to be logged, include date/time as well as thread id.
SCR: on Mac, don't overwrite old log files.
client: work fetch tweak to avoid starvation in a particular case.
• (David) My commit of Feb 7 caused work fetch to project P to be deferred for up to 5 min if an upload to P is active, even if some instances are idle. This was to deal with a case where the idleness was caused by a jobs-in-progress limit by P, and work requests lead to long backoff.

However, this can cause instances to be idle unnecessarily. I changed things so that, if instances are idle, a work fetch can happen even during upload. But only one such fetch will be done.
Mac installer: fix automatic launching of Manager after installation on OS 10.5

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Die Boinc Installer 7.3.13 für:

macOSX_SymbolTablets
macOSX_i686_apple_darwin
macOS_i686

kann man jetzt Downloaden.

Hier-> http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=D

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.10 -> 7.3.13

MGR: Fixes for fast user switching support.
• Fix a crash bug which prevented "Launch another BOINC Manager" from working.
• Fix compiler warnings of possible buffer overflow due to incorrect calls to strncat()
• Adjust directories for per-user files on Macintosh.
Mac uninstaller: Fixes for fast user switching support.
LIB: Store the per-user log files in the local profile area instead of the roaming area. We do not need to copy the log files back up to a home directory server when roaming profiles are used.
MGR: If an account manager is specified via an installer, skip displaying the attach wizard. (Simple GUI)
LIB: Revert the previous LIB entry and remove the heap check in the tray applet.
MGR: Treat asserts like other messages to be logged, include date/time as well as thread id.
SCR: on Mac, don't overwrite old log files.
client: work fetch tweak to avoid starvation in a particular case.
• (David) My commit of Feb 7 caused work fetch to project P to be deferred for up to 5 min if an upload to P is active, even if some instances are idle. This was to deal with a case where the idleness was caused by a jobs-in-progress limit by P, and work requests lead to long backoff.

However, this can cause instances to be idle unnecessarily. I changed things so that, if instances are idle, a work fetch can happen even during upload. But only one such fetch will be done.
Mac installer: fix automatic launching of Manager after installation on OS 10.5
MGR: On Mac, fix showing of windows when activated after login by means other than "Open" menu item from task bar (Dock or menu bar icon).
Mac installer: fix setting of screensaver.
Mac installer: fix 15 second delay after finishing installation before launching BOINC Manager (launches immediately if user closes installer).
MGR: Fix bugs in launching hidden on Mac OS 10.6 and more simplification of Mac code for wxCocoa 3.0

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Neue Boinc Installer 7.3.14 für:

windows_intel86
windows_x86_64

windows_intel86_vbox
windows_x86_64_vbox

macOSX_SymbolTablets
macOSX_i686_apple_darwin
macOS_i686

sind erschienen!

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.11 and 7.3.13 -> 7.3.14
client: work with old versions of libcurl.
• With old (7.15) versions of libcurl, args passed to curl_easy_setopt() (such as the URL) were supposed to remain unchanged until the operation was done. Starting with 7.17 it was changed so that curl_easy_setopt() copied its arguments. The BOINC client was assuming the latter. When linked against the former, URLs would mysteriously change to garbage strings. I (David) changed things to work with the old libcurl semantics.
MGR: Properly handle opening Event Log after login on Mac.
MGR: fix first display of windows after login on Mac when the user opens the Manager by a method other than by selecting "Open BOINC Manager" from the popup menu in the Dock or menu bar icon.
WINBUILD: Remove InstallShield's permission setting mechanism, rely on the SetPermissions? custom actions instead. (World Community Grid)
WINBUILD: Only create BOINC related user groups when installing as a service. (World Community Grid)
WINBUILD: Always reset the permissions on the BOINC Data directory. (World Community Grid)
MGR: Simplify logic introduced in my (Charlie) commit 0f68132; start replacing deprecated Carbon APIs with Cocoa code.
client: message tweaks on "don't need".
MGR: Update the default project image in the Simple GUI.
MGR: In simple view project selection control on Mac, correctly display project icons with transparency masks.
MGR: Small efficiency tweak for Mac Simple View.
client & MGR: Remove byte order markers from UTF-8 encoded files.
client: Fix the stuff I (Rom) broke with my previous commit. Somehow I picked up a version of hostinfo_unix.cpp that was older than the current version.
MGR: Change the background color to white on the default project image so that anti-aliasing will work.
MGR: Update default project icon where it has a white background and anti-aliasing worked.
MGR: Get rid of some crufty code that is no longer needed on Windows/Linux. Use wxBitmapComboBox instead.
MGR: Remove deleted file from Makefile.am
MGR: Fix Mac Simple View updating broken by commit 185c45.
MGR: Get rid of unneeded file.
WINBUILD: Update VirtualBox inclusion to 4.3.8
scheduler: check if cpu_time and elapsed_time are infinite, set to zero if so.
• Some (old? buggy?) clients report these as infinity. This causes the result update queries to fail.
lib: fix build breaks in client, manager and boinccmd introduced in commit 8aa10ee.
SCR: Create a diagnostics log file for the default screensaver app.
MGR: Fix Mac compiler warning introduced by commit 73a6345.
MGR: Simplify parsing the httponly element of a cookie for Chrome.
client: read stderr file if abort non-running job.
lib, nvcuda: Fix warnings from cppcheck reported by Toralf Förster.
SCR: Convert images used by the default screensaver to jpeg. TEXTURE_DESC only decodes jpeg files.
SCR: Fill out logo stuff for WCG and PTP on Windows.
client: tweak in MAC address code for struct lifconf.
SCR: Reverse build breaks from commit eb46872. These files are used by the Mac Screensaver Coordinator.
MGR: Remove BOINCBitmapComboBox.cpp and BOINCBitmapComboBox.h from Windows project.
MGR: bug fix: remove scroll bars from commands / web sites area of advanced view when not needed.
MGR: bug fix: adjust layout of commands / web sites area of advanced view when showing or hiding "Show VM Console" button.
MGR: Add a dialog to enable setting and clearing diagnostic log flags, to assist tech support volunteers when working with users. It is accessed by selecting "Diagnostics…" under the Options menu in either Advanced View or Simple View.
LIB: Possible fix for process_exists() on Linux. Newer versions of Linux appear to have stricter parameter validation requirements for waitpid().
client: fix bug where get_screensaver_tasks GUI RPC returned no tasks during CPU throttling.
client & MGR: Make writing trace statements to the debugger viewport something you have to opt into on Windows.
(Rom) I use it a lot, but other developers using BOINC may not care to see BOINC messages while debugging their own stuff.
WINBUILD: Fix target file names for the screen saver and screen saver coordinator.
LIB: fix compiler warning introduced by commit ba84386.
MGR: Bug fix: correctly restore default task bar icons when switching from a different skin (e.g., GridRepublic) to default skin.
MGR: message tweak in new Diagnostics dialog; allow for branded application names.
MGR: fix a bug on Windows where clicking on a web sites button in Advanced View might cause the buttons to scroll without sending the button clicked event.
MGR: Fix typo in a comment.
WCG:
• installer: Update images for WCG installer and skin.
• Revise the ico files for WCG.
• Update branding images and files for World Community Grid.
• Updated Skin, Installer and pause/disconnected icon files for WCG.
• Add jpeg version of background image for screen saver.
• Add jpg logo file to install directory for screen saver.
DOC: Disable BOINC/VirtualBox download for Windows XP based systems.
MGR: Re-enable keyboard navigation through task control buttons on Windows.
client: Show VirtualBox revision number along with its version number on Mac and Linux.
client: Simplify logic to get VirtualBox version on Mac and fix a crash bug when VirtualBox is installed only on a different boot partition.
client: enforce workunit.rsc_memory_bound
• Inexplicably, the client was comparing a job's working set size only with the client's overall RAM limit, not with the WU limit. Check both.
• Note: this may require some projects to update their values of workunit.rsc_memory_bound.
MGR: Improve keyboard navigation to provide better accessibility for users with limited motor coordination.
MGR: Ensure Mac simple view controls are created in correct order to enable keyboard navigation.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
So, es geht flott weiter, neue Boinc Installer 7.3.15 für:

windows_intel86
windows_x86_64

windows_intel86_vbox
windows_x86_64_vbox

x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.sh
x686-pc-linux.gnu.sh

macOSX_SymbolTablets
macOSX_i686_apple_darwin
macOS_i686

sind eingetrudelt.

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.14 -> 7.3.15

client: fix bugs involving AMS-supplied resource shares
• If AMS supplies resource share, don't override it with project setting (my (David) last fix didn't quite do this).
• When detach from AMS, set RS to project-supplied value.
client: don't abort jobs if WSS > workunit.rsc_memory_bound
• On second thought, I don't think this is change was desirable. Currently many projects underestimate rsc_memory_bound, so lots of jobs would be aborted. I don't want to force projects to give accurate estimates of RAM usage. That may not even be possible. And we already have mechanisms for aborting jobs for which WSS > available RAM, and only scheduling sets of jobs whose total WSS is < available RAM.
client: remove unnecessary CPU benchmarking.
• On client startup, decide whether we need to do CPU benchmarks (cmdline option was set, or we haven't done them for 30 days). If so, do them when possible.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Mittlerweile kann man 7.3.19 runterladen...

Preliminary Change Log 7.3.19 -> 7.4.0
  • client, Unix: remove #ifdef on HAVE_DIRENT_H
  • client: fix bug in set_cc_config RPC saving value of option.
    • CC_CONFIG.start_delay is a double, not an int, so CC_CONFIG::write() must use %f format rather than %d.
  • MGR: Hide Project Web Pages task pane if multiple projects are selected using Shift-Click.
  • MGR: Simplification and efficiency improvements for list selection, list deselection and updating task panels.
  • MGR: Further simplification and efficiency improvements for list selection, list deselection and updating task panels.
  • MGR: use instance variables instead of the static (class) variables in my recent commits. This is better practice and safer, though the code did work properly with the static variables because OnCacheHint() is called whenever you select a different tab.
  • WINBUILD: Minimum supported VS is now VS 2010.
  • WINBUILD: Fix according to VS 2010 product tree changes.
  • MGR: Continue fixing detection of list selection and list deselection; deselecting by clicking on empty part of list control (below or on its right) does not generate any list events if the selected item has been scrolled out of view, so we must use mouse click events within the wxListCtrl.
  • MGR: Continue fixing detection of list selection and list deselection; It turns out that triggering on EVT_LIST_CACHE_HINT works better on Windows (native wxListCtrl) but mouse click events work better on Mac (generic wxListCtrl.) We still need to determine which is better on Linux.
  • MGR: Trim down the logging output on non-debug builds.
  • client: scheduling and work fetch tweaks for GPU exclusion cases.
    • Scheduling: if a resource has exclusions, put all jobs in the run list; otherwise we might fail to have a job for a GPU instance, and starve it.
    • Work fetch: allow work fetch from zero-share projects if the resource has instances that are idle because of GPU exclusion.
  • MGR: fix conflict in Mac builds which was introduced by earlier commit (9dcfb88).
  • MGR: add #define USE_LIST_CACHE_HINT to determine which platforms should use on EVT_LIST_CACHE_HINT and which should use EVT_LEFT_DOWN to trigger checking for item selection / deselection in wxListCtrl. This makes it independent of USE_NATIVE_LISTCONTROL. This is an improvement on commit 70639a7.
  • MGR: Fix error in my previous commit.
  • MGR: Remove debug_level stuff, it should be defined in the setup.h file used by wxWidgets instead.
  • API/client/vboxwrapper: show notice if need Vbox upgrade.
    • Vboxwrapper detects known buggy versions of Vbox and calls boinc_temporary_exit(). The "Incompatible version" message appears in the task status in the BOINC Manager, where some users may never see it. It needs to appear as a notice, telling the user to upgrade VBox.

To do this, we added an optional argument to boinc_temporary_exit() saying that the message should be delivered as a notice. This is conveyed to the client by adding a line containing "notice" to the temp exit file.
  • MGR: add #if !USE_LIST_CACHE_HINT t in one more place that should have been included in commit a39f4f9.
  • client: delete per-project files when detach project.
  • client: when detach a project, remove the slot directories of its tasks.
  • client: when remove project, delete slot dirs and notice files; leave job log.
  • MGR: disable all wxWidgets debugging support in release builds on Mac (asserts. logging, etc.).
    Remove Manager code for writing asserts to log files; it is no longer used since wxASSERT() is now disabled for all platforms.
  • MGR: fix compiler warning.
  • client: fix typo that cause GPUs specified in cc_config.cml to be ignored.
  • client: maintain availability info, and export via GUI RPC.

Maintain the following items:
    Per session (i.e. this run of the client):
    • active duration (computation enabled)
    • GPU active duration (GPU computation enabled)
    • Total (i.e. since the client first ran here)
    • duration (time the client has run)
    • active duration (as above)
    • GPU duration.

Export them in the get_state() RPC; print them in boinccmd.
  • client: tweak to last commit.
  • client: maintain # of success and failed jobs per project; report in GUI RPC.
  • MGR: Fix typos in my commit 70639a7 for using EVT_LIST_CACHE_HINT instead of EVT_LIST_ITEM_SELECTED or EVT_LIST_ITEM_DESELECTED to immediately detect selection changes in generic wxListCtrl for updating task control panels.
  • MGR: For detection of list selection and list deselection; trigger on EVT_LIST_CACHE_HINT only for Windows; both EVT_LIST_CACHE_HINT and mouse click events work on Mac and Linux, but EVT_LIST_CACHE_HINT generates far more events than we need, so using mouse click events is more efficient. Unfortunately, using mouse click events does not work on Windows.
  • MGR: Fix progress bars in Linux CBOINCListCtrl by basing it on generic wxListCtrl instead of native wxListCtrl.
  • MGR: Fix compiler warnings.
  • client: fix bug that caused app_config settings to persist incorrectly
    We needed to clear the app_configs and app_version_configs vectors in PROJECT if app_config.xml isn't there.
  • client, Linux: print to stderr if can't parse /proc/x/stat
  • client: Update Mad build script, Xcode project and build instructions to use OpenSSL-1.0.1h.
  • MGR: Fix an assert and correct a comment.
  • MGR: Fix cursor adjustment when moving mouse over wxListCtrl header column separators.
  • LIB: /proc/
    /stat now uses 64-bit integer types.
  • LIB: bug fix for previous commit.
  • LIB: provide reference to source for future reference.
  • MGR: show # of tasks completed/failed in project properties.
  • MGR: optimize changes of commit a8cc13f for better efficiency.
  • MGR: eliminate almost all overhead from commit a8cc13f unless assistive software is in use.
  • MGR: One more efficiency tweak to previous commit.

BOINC 7.4.8 available for testing

Windows 7.4.8
- boinc_7.4.8_windows_intelx86.exe
- boinc_7.4.8_windows_x86_64.exe

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.2 -> 7.4.3
  • MGR: Update fix for wxListCtrl / CBOINCListCtrl flicker on Mac (commit d370e5a) to match the fix made to wxWidgets trunk by wxWidgets personnel, as described in http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/16334#comment:2.
  • MGR: Fix more deficiencies in Computing Preferences dialog reported by Juha.
  • MGR: Continue fixing deficiencies in Computing Preferences dialog reported by Juha.
  • MGR: Fix display of icon in Computing Preferences dialog under Linux.
  • MGR: Fix typo and comments.
  • MGR: Convert wxWidgets 2.8 language codes into ISO standard language codes before use.
  • LOCALE: Line feed changes
Preliminary Change Log 7.4.3 -> 7.4.4
  • Update .gitattributes to include a number of additional file types.
  • MGR: Language Codes 0 and 1 are special cased wxWidgets, for both cases use the default language.
Preliminary Change Log 7.4.4 -> 7.4.5
  • client: remove notices about app_config.xml after problem is fixed.
  • Windows compile fixes.
  • client: remove notices if user fixes errors in cc_config.xml
  • GUI RPC: include is_youtube_video flag in notice struct.
    This is set if the notice text includes "youtube.com", case-insensitive.
Preliminary Change Log 7.4.5 -> 7.4.6
  • client: Fix build break.
Preliminary Change Log 7.4.6 -> 7.4.7
  • client: Undo code removal.
Preliminary Change Log 7.4.7 -> 7.4.8
  • MGR: Add an exit menu item to the simple view for Linux distros where libnotify isn't working. From Gianfranco Costamagna.
  • Fix line breaks.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Dieser Thread benötigt mal wieder etwas Pflege!

BOINC 7.4.21 available for testing for all platforms

Windows Installer:

Andere Downloads: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=D

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.8 -> 7.4.9
  • MGR: fix alignment of items in Computing Preferences Network Tab.
  • client: add element to scheduler request; set if dont_request_more_work is set. Prevents projects w/ NCI apps from sending jobs
  • LIB: Get rid of the spurious 'dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored' stderr messages on Mac OS X 10.8 machines across all of our apps.
  • LIB: A more efficient fix than the previous commit to eliminate the spurious 'dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored' stderr messages on Mac OS X 10.8.
  • client: fix job scheduling bug. Sort by avg_ncpus doesn't apply to GPU jobs.
  • client: check for negative usage values in app_config.xml
  • client: tweaks to log output for
  • client: message tweak.
  • client: Include error code in error string when process creation fails. It'll help to quickly identify the problem for localized systems.
  • client: don't assume that notices with same GUID are identical; a project may have edited a news item.
  • client (Win): if CreateProcess() fails because of mem, wait and retry.
    Apparently on some Win 7/8 with SSD drives, CreateProcess() sometimes returns ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY; presumably it then allocates more swap space.
    Treat this case using the "temporary exit" logic: delay for 10 min, then try again. If 100 failures, abort task.
    Note: not tested. This may be a bad idea.
  • client: improve task duration estimates for apps that don't report fraction done.
    The "static estimate" is wu.rsc_fpops_est/app_version.flops.
    The problem is: what if the elapsed time exceeds this. In this case we were returning elapsed time, resulting in a "time remaining" of zero, which is bad. Instead, use the same exponential model that we use to estimate fraction done when it's not reported. This has the advantages that:
    time remaining monotonically decreases (though potentially at a very slow rate).
    the combo of fraction done, elapsed time, and time remaining is consistent for apps that don't report fraction done.
  • client: fix build break.
  • GUI RPC: add cross_project_id to PROJECT, for BoincTasks. This was already in the XML written by the client; no client change needed.
  • GUI RPC: add missing clear of PROJECT::cross_project_id
  • client (Win): if 32 bit client on 64 bit host, warn about VirtualBox. The 32-bit client won't be able to detect VBox on a 64-bit host. Say this in a startup message.
  • client/scheduler: add support for "client brand".
    Currently the server doesn't know about different client "brands", e.g. HTC Power to Give, Charity Engine, GridRepublic, etc., so there's no way to collect statistics about them.
    Changes:
    client: at startup, read a "client brand" string from client_brand.txt (i.e. branded clients will have to include this file in their installer). Report this string in scheduler requests.
    scheduler: parse this request element, and store it in host.serialnum as [BOINC|7.4.2|brand]
  • client: Make sure handle_temporary_exit() cleans up any descendents and any other processes of interest determined by other_pid.
  • client: Cleanup any descendants or other_pids on a premature exit as well.
  • client: fix logic for cleaning up subsidiary processes.
    "Subsidiary processes" are
    1) descendants
    2) "other PIDs" as reported by the app, e.g. VMs which are not descendants. We were failing to clean up these processes in some cases.
    Add a function ACTIVE_TASK::kill_exited_app() for killing the subsidiary processes of a task whose main process has already exited. At this point we can't enumerate its current descendants; but we have the list of descendants from the last time we computed memory usage (within the last 10 sec). So kill this, and kill the other PIDs.
    Call this function when appropriate:
    too many temporary exits.
    too many premature exits.
    main process has exited in response to abort or quit message (the existing code failed to kill other PIDs).
    rename ACTIVE_TASK::kill_task() to kill_running_task() to emphasize its intended use.
    Also remove code that, in case of secure install on Windows, didn't try to kill any subsidiary processes at all; there used to be a permission problem in doing so, now there isn't.
  • client: return a possible error code to the core client if execv fails for some reason in the switcher tool.
  • client: attempt to get a more useful error message from kill_app_process() on non-Windows platforms.
  • client: try to get a return code from switcher (i.e., from the command that switcher executed.)
  • client: add option for app_config.xml
    This lets you limit the number of running jobs over the whole project.
    Note: this is not taken into account in work fetch.
  • client: fix bug in last commit.
  • client: write log messages for trickle-ups (if set)
  • client: In switcher, return the actual error code from execv (usually -1) rather than errno, and let the invoking call retrieve errno if appropriate (modify commit f014b0d).
  • client: Avoid needless error messages about kill failing. Only call kill_by_switcher() if we are running in sandbox mode, otherwise call kill.
  • client: Remove unneeded SANDBOX ifdefs. Use g_use_sandbox instead. I left one in main.cpp since I do not know where check_security() is.
  • client/lib: Refactor kill code for Windows. Expose functionality for wrapper apps.
  • lib: Normalize 'int kill_program()' around the error codes returned by errno.
  • client: Use strerror() in kill_app_processes() on Windows instead of boincerror().
  • client: Add missing stub functions for Windows related to removing the SANDBOX ifdef.
  • client: Use pipes to redirect sdtout/stderr output from switcher, report any failures as task_debug output with msg_printf().
  • client: Append the stdout and stderr buffer in switcher_exec in case the output is more than 1k.
  • lib: fix compile break.
  • client: fix error reporting from kill_app_process() on non-Windows platforms when not sandboxed.
  • client: Fix use of pipes to redirect sdtout/stderr output from switcher and tweak reporting failures as task_debug output with msg_printf().
  • client: if execv ever fails when attempting to launch switcher, exit as quickly as possible in the forked process.
    Returning from the switcher_exec() may leave 2 boinc processes running until one crashes.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.9 -> 7.4.10
  • MGR: In Advanced Preferences dialog, adjust sizes of text edit controls and size of the dialog depending on font size.
  • client: begin adding support for OpenCL devices other than AMD/ATI, NVIDIA or Intel.
  • client: keep array subscripts in bounds.
  • client: generalize naming scheme for OpenCL devices, add more general have_rsrc() functions.
  • client: group new (non-NVIDIA, non-AMD, non-INTEL) OpenCL device types by vendor name string rather than by CL_DEVICE_VENDOR_ID. This assumes that OpenCL reports identical vendor name strings for all devices from the same vendor on a given host. I incorrectly thought CL_DEVICE_VENDOR_ID was a numeric ID of the vendor which would be the same for each device from that vendor, but it is actually a unique numeric ID assigned by a given vendor to each device on a particular host.
  • client: fix compile warning.
  • client: continue adding support for OpenCL devices (GPUs and accelerators) other than AMD/ATI, NVIDIA or Intel GPUs.
    For now, handle AMD/ATI, NVIDIA or Intel GPUs as before. But for other, "new" vendors, we treat each device as a separate resource, creating an entry for each instance in the COPROCS::coprocs[] array and copying the device name COPROC::opencl_prop.name into the COPROC::type field (instead of the vendor name.)
    For devices from "new" vendors, set field in init_data.xml file to the vendor string supplied by OpenCL. This should allow boinc_get_opencl_ids() to work correctly with these "new" devices without modification.
  • client: fix compile warnings.
  • client: fix compile warnings.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.10 -> 7.4.11
  • client: don't pass --device to GPU apps w/ API version >= 7.5
    This addresses a problem w/ Bitcoin Utopia, whose coprocessor app (run via the wrapper) doesn't expect a --device arg, and fails if it gets one.
    The --device mechanism has been superceded by APP_INIT_DATA.gpu_device_num.GPU apps built with the current API and later should not expect a --device arg.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.11-> 7.4.12
  • client: client brand fix.
  • client: minor code shuffle.
  • lib: Fix build break on Linux when building with --enable-debug
  • client: fix compiler warning on non-Windows systems introduced by commit ffff2cd.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.12 -> 7.4.15
  • client: balance Windows/*nix use of coproc command line stuff.
  • client: fix bugs in task cleanup.
    There was at least one case where we weren't cleaning up subsidiary processes (e.g. VMs) when a task's main process exited.
    Fix this by consolidating task cleanup (shared mem and subsidiary processes) in ACTIVE_TASK::cleanup_task(). This gets called when a tasks' main process exits.
  • client: Remove the strerror() call from switcher_exec with regards to the task_debug output. For the things switcher does the exit code is not an errno value.
  • MGR: On MS Windows, adjust width of Advanced Preferences dialog to fit all tabs without scrolling.
  • scheduler and client: fix mechanism for exposing user CPID to GUI.
    A month or two ago I added code to put user CPID in the project info exported via GUI RPC, so that GUIs (like BoincTasks) could link to user pages on stats sites.
    However, I completely forgot that the CPID known to the client (PROJECT::cross_project_id) is the "internal CPID", while what gets exported to stats is the "external CPID", which is MD5(internal CPID, email addr).
    Solution: include the external CPID in scheduler replies, store it in the client state file, and export it in GUI RPCs as PROJECT::external_cpid. This will eventually work for BoincTasks, but only after projects update their server software, and volunteers update their client software.
  • client: set work requests for coprocs specified in cc_config.xml
    We weren't copying the request fields from RSC_WORK_FETCH to COPROC. Do this, and clean up the code a bit.
    Note: the arrays that parallel the COPROCS::coprocs array are a bit of a kludge; that stuff logically belongs in COPROC. But it's specific to the client, so I can't put it there. Maybe I could do something fancy with derived classes, not sure.
  • MGR: use same color scheme for statistics as for disk usage.
  • MGR: color tweak.
  • Mac: update for compatibility (fix compile breaks) with Apple LLVM 5.0 compiler under Xcode 5.
  • MGR: On MS Windows, adjust width of Task Control buttons, Event Log and Log Flags dialog for users DPI setting.
  • MGR: On MS Windows, make DPI setting detection more efficient and DPI adjustments more general.
  • Mac installer: don't require restart after a clean install on OS 10.9 Mavericks or later.
  • MGR: On Windows Vista and newer, let the service control manager shutdown the core client to prevent crash dialogs from appearing on some peoples systems when Windows is shutting down.
  • client: try to report an IP address other than loopback.
  • client: fix Unix part of last checkin.
  • MGR: Remove references to target="_blank" from notices, it causes a failure to fire our own event handler when the link is clicked.
  • MGR: On MS Windows, adjust Simple View metrics and images for users DPI setting.
  • MGR: Fix compiler warning.
  • MGR: Allow for floating point rounding errors when determining DPI settings.
  • client: Use /dev/input/* to determine idle input detection on Linux. This would also cover digitizers and bluetooth devices.
  • client: Remove references to unneeded XSS header files.
  • BUILD: Remove references to the XSS libraries. The X11 screensaver in clientscr depends on the XCB and XCB-ATOM dev packages. BOINC API just depends on glut and glu.
  • MGR: Center the adv preferences dialog after opening it up.
  • MGR: Make sure the various item property dialogs open up in the designated client area on Windows and Mac.
  • MGR: On MS Windows, adjust Simple View images from skin file for users DPI setting.
  • MGR: On MS Windows, adjust sizes of images in Advanced Frame tabs and Computing Preferences tabs for users DPI setting.
  • locale: Update compiled localization files.
  • lib: Fixes for newer GCC versions when compiling md5.c.
  • WINBUILD: Update for renaming md5.c to md5.cpp
  • Mac: Update Xcode project for renaming md5.c to md5.cpp
  • WINBUILD: Prevent the deletion of service accounts and groups on upgrade. This was causing unneeded reboots on upgrades of service mode installs.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.15 -> 7.4.16
  • BUILD: Remove unneeded reference to XSS.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.16 -> 7.4.17
  • BUILD: Remove static references to GTK 2.x components, use package config properly. (From Steffen Moeller)
  • WINBUILD: Suppress a reboot warning dialog displayed by Windows while uninstalling old builds.
  • WINBUILD: We must set wxDEBUG_LEVEL=0 in Manager preprocessor definitions for release builds, otherwise __WXDEBUG__ is defined because the Manager includes wxwidgets\include\wx\debug.h. This caused the magenta artifact around the checkbox in the Simple View preferences dialog, and possibly other issues.
  • Manager: brighten colors in disk/stats tabs.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.17 -> 7.4.18
  • Really suppress the reboot warning on Windows.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.18 -> 7.4.19
  • MGR: Fix bug which sometimes made project description text in Simple View too wide to read.
  • MGR: Fix bug in initial layout of Simple View project panel.
  • MGR: Ensure that the advanced computing preferences dialog is wide enough to fit all its tabs.
  • MGR: Set background color according to skin in Simple View dialogs; this is a slight cosmetic tweak for checkboxes on Windows 7, which have a narrow border using the background color at their bottom and right side; also don't use magenta background color for debugging backgrounds unless specifically requested by setting a new define TEST_BACKGROUND_WITH_MAGENTA_FILL to non-zero.
  • client: Build Mac client as an x86_64 application rather than 32-bit, for compatibility with CUDA version 6.5 drivers. BOINC for the Mac now requires a 64-bit Intel Mac running at least OS 10.5.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.19 -> 7.4.20
  • MGR: Fix bug which sometimes made project description text in Simple View too wide to read.
  • MGR: Fix bug in initial layout of Simple View project panel.
  • MGR: Ensure that the advanced computing preferences dialog is wide enough to fit all its tabs.
  • MGR: Set background color according to skin in Simple View dialogs; this is a slight cosmetic tweak for checkboxes on Windows 7, which have a narrow border using the background color at their bottom and right side; also don't use magenta background color for debugging backgrounds unless specifically requested by setting a new define TEST_BACKGROUND_WITH_MAGENTA_FILL to non-zero.
  • MGR: Cosmetic fix: eliminate brief display of all tasks when switching from Simple View to Advanced View when Show only active tasks is selected.
  • client: if a project's app_config.xml has no errors, remove old notices.
  • client: display XML in app_config notices correctly.
  • compile fix for FreeBSD; from Steffen.
  • MGR: Remove non-ASCII Ellipse. I'm not sure the code chunk is even used anymore.
  • LOCALE: Update BOINC Manager template.
  • LOCALE: Line feed fixes?
  • locale: Update compiled localization files.
  • MGR: Fix localization of menu item labels in BOINC Manager menu on Mac for wxWidgets 3.0; restore use of mac-specific UTF-8 ellipsis character so as not to invalidate old localizations of "Preferences..." menu item.
  • Mac Installer & MGR: delete BOINC Manager's wxSingleInstanceChecker lock file in case wxSingleInstanceChecker failed to delete it (such as due to a crash.)

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.20 -> 7.4.21
  • Quick Version Fix
  • Build break fix for Windows.

Noch ein kleines Update:
BOINC 7.4.22 available for testing for all platforms

Windows Installer:

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.21 -> 7.4.22
  • MGR: On MS Windows, fix Attach Wizard to scale according to users DPI setting. (4x)
  • MGR: tweak to previous commits for better efficiency.
  • MGR: On MS Windows, scale Attach Wizard progress indicators according to user's DPI settings.
  • Mac: In Xcode project, fix encoding of AdvancedFrame.cpp to be interpreted as UTF-8.
  • Mac: In Xcode project, remove erroneous definitions of SANDBOX in debug builds.
  • client: fix incorrect format specifier when writing out OpenCL items which have size cl_uint.
    This caused garbage to be written by Mac x86_64 clients.
    It now works correctly for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows clients, but needs to be tested for Linux clients.
  • client: fix minor bug in previous commit - the cast should be to unsigned long, not signed long.
  • Fix line breaks.
  • client: Fix comment.
  • client, GUI RPC: maintain per-project elapsed time and export via GUI RPC.

Wieder ein neues Update:
BOINC 7.4.26 available for testing for Windows and Macintosh.
BOINC 7.4.25 available for testing for Linux

Windows Installer:

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.22 -> 7.4.23
  • boinccmd: accept [IPv6_addr]:port as --hostname arg
  • API: Fix a bug in boinc_get_opencl_ids() which incorrectly returned CL_INVALID_DEVICE on some systems. This would happen on hosts with multiple GPUs if:
    • the host has GPUs from two different vendors with different OpenCL platforms (e.g., NVIDIA and AMD), and
    • the second platform queried has more GPUs than the first one, and
    • the requested GPU is a higher numbed one in the second platform.
  • client (Unix): when get vbox version, make sure it's not an error msg.
  • MGR: Fix a problem where OS X's software firewall can cause RPC authorization to fail.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.23 -> 7.4.24
  • lib: On Mac, count ScreenSaverEngine as a BOINC process so BOINC screensaver doesn't cause BOINC to suspend tasks because it thinks CPU is busy.
  • MGR: Fix a bug which shrunk the height of the project URL textedit field in the Attach Wizard's Project Info Page so you could not read it when the language is Czech, Russian, Slovak or Ukrainian.
    • NOTE: all static text fields must be filled in with the localized strings _before_ determining window size by calling Fit(), Layout(), etc. Setting labels in OnPageChanged() is too late.
  • client: If CUDA driver 6.5 or later is installed, prevent use of NVIDIA GPUs with Compute Capability < 2.0 and show explanation in Event Log and Notices.
  • client: fix incorrect format specifier when writing out OpenCL items which have size cl_uint.
    • This caused garbage to be written by Mac x86_64 clients.
    • It now works correctly for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows clients, but needs to be tested for Linux clients.
  • client: a more cross-platform way to fix the mismatch between format specifier and data than my previous commit.
    • This should be safe on all platforms.
  • client: fix minor bug in previous commit - the cast should be to unsigned long, not signed long.
  • API and client: add boinc_finish_message(): exit and show message to user.
  • client: add notion of sticky file lifetime.
    If a in scheduler RPC reply specifies , the client will calculate a "sticky_expire_time", store it in the client state file, and make the file unsticky when that time is reached.
    • Note: if a later RPC reply includes the same file, the client will update sticky_expire_time. So if a file is used repeatedly it won't get expired.
  • client: if 64-bit host is running 32-bit client, post a notice since it can't detect VirtualBox.
  • client: add cc_config option.
  • client: fix bug in finish-file logic.
  • Manager: omit ", high priority" from task status. This makes it sound like BOINC is running the job at high OS priority.
  • MGR: Add support for querying simple account creation information from supported browsers.
  • client: Inform Windows we know about Windows 10.
  • MGR: Sync browser cookie lookups to David's commit.
  • MGR: Add 1-click attach stub UI element for testing. In advanced menu in the advanced UI.
  • client: fix bug where config option wasn't being parsed.
  • MGR: Finish skeleton 1 click attach functionality. Final text TBD.
  • MGR: fix Unix build.
  • MGR: Support cookie detection on newer versions of Chrome.
  • MGR: Fix Internet Explorer 11 cookie detection mechanism. Possibly other variations of Internet Explorer as well.
  • MGR: in simple attach, get inst and desc cookies also.
  • MGR: Add check for the "attach_known" cookie used by the 1-click attach mechanism.
  • MGR: add more info to simple attach page.
  • client: code cleanup.
  • client: work fetch code cleanup. The logic for deciding whether to fetch work for a project or a (project, resource type) pair was scattered among several functions, with confusing names. Consolidate this logic, and use consistent names.
  • client: code cleanup and possible debugging in work fetch
    • Remove code that tries to keep track of available GPU RAM, and defer jobs that don't fit. This never worked, it relied on project estimates of RAM usage, and it's been replaced by having the app do temporary exit if alloc fails.
    • Move logic for checking for deferred jobs from CPU to work fetch.
    • Rename rsc_defer_sched to has_deferred_job, and move it from PROJECT to RSC_PROJECT_WORK_FETCH.
    • tweak work_fetch_debug output.
  • client: small code cleanup.
  • client: let a MT job run even if it uses more than max # CPUs. Suppose the user fetches an 8-CPU job, then changes their prefs to use 6 CPUs. Let the job run anyway.
  • client and manager: improve messages for boinc_temporary_exit() situations. Use "postponed" to describe tasks that called boinc_temporary_exit() and are waiting to be run again, in
    • the manager Tasks tab (replace "Waiting to run (Scheduler wait: x")).
    • event log (replace "task called temporary_exit()").
    • notices (replace "Can't run task").
  • WINBUILD: Adjust target name to match linker configuration to help with debugging.
  • client: message tweaks.
  • MGR: Fix the layout of the 1-click attach welcome screen.
  • MGR: Switch over to using a static control for the project description, it'll support multiple lines and looks more natural.
  • client, Android: clear out project directory on project reset.
  • When a project is reset, the client deletes all the files from its dir that BOINC knows about. However, there may be other files, created by its apps. On Android, where space is likely to be scarce, delete these when the project is reset.
  • Maybe we should do this on all projects. But we'd need to not to delete user-created files like app_config.xml, and anonymous-platform stuff like app_info.xml and the app files.
  • client: remove option from cc_config.xml
  • This leads to confusion; e.g. if you do "read config files" it will look for cc_config.xml in the new directory, not find it, and set default options. Also, log files end up in old directory. Also, gui_rpc_auth.cfg will be in new directory, and the Manager won't look there.
  • web: preliminary support for LDAP authentication.
    • To use, projects must add LDAP server info in project.inc; see http://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/wiki/LdapSupport.
    • Users can use LDAP name/passwd in login form. The handlers creates a BOINC account if needed.
    • In user page, show LDAP UID instead of email address.
    • Also, much-needed code cleanup in login_action.php
  • client/manager/server: finish LDAP support.
    • get_project_config.php: if project supports LDAP, advertise this to the client.
    • Manager: if project supports LDAP, say "Email address or LDAP ID" in Attach Project wizard, and don't do email address validation.
    • lookup_account GUI RPC (client side): if passing an LDAP ID, don't lowercase it, and don't hash passwd.
    • lookup_account GUI RPC (server side): if passing an LDAP ID, pass appropriate URL args to Web RPC.
    • lookup_account Web RPC: in LDAP case, pass "ldap_auth" arg, and pass "ldap_uid" and "passwd". Handle these appropriately.
  • LDAP auth: bug fix.
  • MGR: Remove 1-click attach from advanced menu tree. It isn't ready for prime time yet.
  • client: fix build break

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.24 -> 7.4.25
  • lib: Fix error in merge [c53f66c]. The field has not yet been populated when the coproc_info.xml file is written.
  • lib: port changes from master commit 035541f.
  • Mac: Add new source files ProjectWelcomePage.cpp, ProjectWelcomePage.h to Xcode project.
  • Mac installer: warn users not to upgrade to CUDA 6.5 or later if their GPU has Compute Capability 1.3 or less.
  • client: add some comments to clarify that the CUDA warning message and notice will appear only once for each relevant GPU.
  • client: detect Windows 10.

Preliminary Change Log 7.4.25 -> 7.4.26
  • client: don't XML-unescape notice bodies when reading from file.
  • There's no need for this since the bodies are stored in CDATA. Doing so causes a bug: if a notice body contains an entity (like &) and we get the same notice from an RSS feed,
  • the 2 notices are treated as separate since the old copy is unescaped and the new one isn't.
  • client: send LDAP credentials only over HTTPS.
  • Mac installer: add info on how to find and install pre-6.5 CUDA drivers.

Zurück
Oben Unten