Formula Boinc 2021

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Which stats server is that, Formula BOINC?
Why do you think it was someone from the BOINC community?

Ist die Unterstellung nicht eher so zu verstehen, dass es einer von uns gewesen sein soll?

Thank you for your prompt replies - and in English too. I apologise for not having any German. Anyhow, it is sufficient for now that both the perpetrator and t-online.de should know who did it from the IP and timestamps I have provided. DDOS and, in this case, trying to brute-force a password for phpmyadmin are both highly illegal. Not very clever either I might add.
You can file a complain to t-online.de - but I am pretty sure it won't do much.

Regards, Martin (not using T-online because T-online is evil and expensive)

Ist die Unterstellung nicht eher so zu verstehen, dass es einer von uns gewesen sein soll?
Ich bin naiv und nehme mal einfach an die Wortwahl war ein Versehen bzw. lost in Translation.

I would consider it quite an offence, if such a claim would be brought forward towards our team without backing evidence.

I have already advised t-online.de so the perpetrator may or may not hear from them. I doubt if I will ever hear back.

I know only too well how distressing it is to be pilloried for false accusations. Could I respectfully suggest your forum admin checks the forum logs for last week for that IP and - in the unlikely event that the attack did come from a P3DN member - have a quiet word with him/her to caution against a repeat. Feel free to delete my forum account now.

You have web services exposed to the internet, so I would expect you were just randomly targeted by bots that try to brute force phpmyadmin with username & password lists.
I have a vserver myself, offering just SSH and basic http services. The majority of http requests come from crawlers and bots, looking for common directories on my system (wordpress, phpmyadmin, forum software - which don't exist). On the SSH daemon there were 23470 failed login attempts alone today.

I can look these IPs up, most will be dial up users like the one you found. They are most likely infected by malware and part of a bot network. They don't even realise what their system is being used for.

I know only too well how distressing it is to be pilloried for false accusations. Could I respectfully suggest your forum admin checks the forum logs for last week for that IP and - in the unlikely event that the attack did come from a P3DN member - have a quiet word with him/her to caution against a repeat. Feel free to delete my forum account now.

Sorry, we can't - european laws don't allow us to save IPs.

And no need to delete your account. Just drop by, if there is any problem in the future.

Somebody better tell Seb about that as Formula Boinc forums definitely store IP address on every post.

Thanks though guys, glad it wasn't one of your team

SRBase ist der nächste Sprint: los gehts Freitag früh 4 Uhr deutscher Zeit.

Gut, gut - läuft bei mir sowieso die ganze Zeit mit. :D

Grüße, Martin

Soll ich lachen oder weinen?

Project down for maintenance

Hängt vielleicht mit den Nvidia-GPUs zusammen. Die sind bei mir alle mit Berechnungsfehler abgebrochen worden.

Soll ich lachen oder weinen?

Wenn die Tiere Sachen machen ,
kann man weinen oder lachen.
Aber lachen, bitte sehr,
wäre das, was besser wär.

Wenn die Tiere Tolles treiben,
lacht man oder läßt es bleiben.
Aber lachen, bitte sehr,

Wenn die Tiere uns erzürnen,
lacht man oder furcht die Stirnen.
Aber lachen, bitte sehr,

Wenn die Tiere nicht mehr spielen
und im Schlaf sich glücklich fühlen,
ruf sie nicht und weck sie nicht.
Auch im Traum ist Tag und Licht.

Wenn sie später beim Erwachen
wieder einmal Sachen machen,
bliebe lachen, bitte sehr,
immer das, was besser wär.

James Krüss

Don't be panic, ist schon wieder da. ;D

Ich kriege nicht mehr als 100 WUs (Lager auf 4 Tage gestellt). Das schafft selbst Navi 10 in ein paar Stunden.

habe auch schon fertige WUs abgeliefert

Es gibt mehr, aber bei dem Projekt ist das eine Geduldssache.
Am besten die update.bat anwerfen.

Gibt es Hinweise bezüglich SRBase-Einstellungen? app_config, ertragreiche Anwendungen, hat das PJ den Chinesen zwischengeschaltet etc.?

Wollte ich auch grad fragen. Hat jemand Erfahrung mit dem Projekt? Lohnt sich die CPU, wenn GPU möglich ist?

About SRBase
is a mathematical research project that uses Internet-connected computers trying to solve Sierpinski / Riesel Bases up to 1030. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

The project is in collaboration with the Mersenne CRUS project.
The server is running on a private computer in a VM.

Da befürchte ich, es wird wie bei ODLK enden.

Immerhin in Deutschland, nicht Russland:
Name: ip5f5a683f.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de
Address: 95.90.104.63

So wie das aussieht ist bei 100WUs pro Rechner Schluss. :(

Immerhin in Deutschland, nicht Russland:
Name: ip5f5a683f.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de
Address: 95.90.104.63
Der upload bei KD war ja nicht sonderlich pralle.

Schaumer mal. Ich lass erstmal die Rechner leer laufen.
Nur die RX460 hat schon Arbeit bekommen. Laufzeit: 28...44 Tage :o (Tendenz eher steigend....)

Mit Nvidia gibts nur Berechnungsfehler. :(

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten