Netzwerkchips von VIA

Darkstar007

Lieutnant
Renomée
Was haben Sie denn für Netzwerkchips im Angebot?

Haben Sie auch Chips für Gigabit Ethernet im Angebot?

Wie wird bei Ihren Netzwerklösungen die Anbindung realisiert. Über PCI Bus oder anders? (Stichwort z. B. CSA, die Intel Lösung für geringe Latenzzeiten und PCI Entlastung) Haben Sie etwas ähnliches im Angebot/in Planung?

Original geschrieben von Darkstar007
Was haben Sie denn für Netzwerkchips im Angebot?

Haben Sie auch Chips für Gigabit Ethernet im Angebot?

Wie wird bei Ihren Netzwerklösungen die Anbindung realisiert. Über PCI Bus oder anders? (Stichwort z. B. CSA, die Intel Lösung für geringe Latenzzeiten und PCI Entlastung) Haben Sie etwas ähnliches im Angebot/in Planung?

Darkstar007,

I will take this in English if you don't mind. To answer your questions:
a. We do have VT6105M discreet LAN chip for example and we do have some additional LAN chips too. Kindly send a small note to me directly and I can send you more info about it. My email address is mbanganga@via-tech.de
b. Sorry but currently we don't have Gigabit Ethernet.

Thanks

In several network benchmark tests you can see, that esp. Intel and nVidia have very low CPU usage values, when accessing the LAN controller. VIA network interface chips are causing much higher CPU loads. A point, where gamers are very sensitive at the moment (ping, smooth frame rates). Is VIA aware of that "problem"? Will future VIA NIC chip cause lower CPU loads?

Original geschrieben von K5-User
In several network benchmark tests you can see, that esp. Intel and nVidia have very low CPU usage values, when accessing the LAN controller. VIA network interface chips are causing much higher CPU loads. A point, where gamers are very sensitive at the moment (ping, smooth frame rates). Is VIA aware of that "problem"? Will future VIA NIC chip cause lower CPU loads?

K5-User,

Let me correct first my response I did release earlier. We do have Gigabit LAN chip, it's a new one.

As far as my knowledge, I haven't hear any problem with regards to this from my colleague. Let me check this one and come back to you. Kindly let me know your email address. Thanks

Original geschrieben von Marlo Banganga
As far as my knowledge, I haven't hear any problem with regards to this from my colleague. Let me check this one and come back to you. Kindly let me know your email address. Thanks
Thanks a lot. Don't wanna post my email-address in the forum. Would you please use the "PN" (Private Message) to reach me? Thanks for helping :D

@K5-User:
Das würde mich auch interessieren ! Ich benutze zur Zeit den onboard Lan meines Soyo Dragon Plus, da ich hier noch eine alte Realtek 100 Mbit Lankarte rumfliegen habe würde mich interessieren wieviel CPU Last ich sparen kann. Der Ping ist bei mir bislang immer gut (15 - 30 ms QDSL). Hast Du Links ??

Gruss
Marc

English:
I've never heard of that before. I am currently using the onboard Lan of my Soyo Dragon + (KT266A) to play games and i have quite good pings. Could you give me some links to verify your statement because i have a Realtec 100 MB NIC lying around - would i benefit from a change to this NIC ??

Greetings

Marc

Original geschrieben von MarcL
@K5-User:
Das würde mich auch interessieren ! Ich benutze zur Zeit den onboard Lan meines Soyo Dragon Plus, da ich hier noch eine alte Realtek 100 Mbit Lankarte rumfliegen habe würde mich interessieren wieviel CPU Last ich sparen kann. Der Ping ist bei mir bislang immer gut (15 - 30 ms QDSL). Hast Du Links ??

Gruss
Marc

English:
I've never heard of that before. I am currently using the onboard Lan of my Soyo Dragon + (KT266A) to play games and i have quite good pings. Could you give me some links to verify your statement because i have a Realtec 100 MB NIC lying around - would i benefit from a change to this NIC ??

Greetings

Marc

Realtek chips are also known to cause quite high CPU loads (there´s a reason why 3COM chips are not that cheap ;) ), so that exchange wouldn´t help at all or even worsen the situation. But I assume you´re only using the NIC only for ADSL access, so with that pretty low bandwidth usage, there shouldn´t be much difference between any chips. However, I´d just try it.

Zurück
Oben Unten