Neue Southbridge - Wann?

stickedy

Commodore Special
Renomée
VIA plant afaik für die kommenen Monate eine neue Southbridge. Wann wird diese voraussichtlich erhältlich sein und was sind die Neuerungen zur VT8237?

Original geschrieben von stickedy
VIA plant afaik für die kommenen Monate eine neue Southbridge. Wann wird diese voraussichtlich erhältlich sein und was sind die Neuerungen zur VT8237?

The new SouthBridge - VT8251 - is planned for Q3.

Major changes:
* 2 PCI Express lanes (up to two 1x PCI Express devices)
* total 8 storage devices support: 4 x SATA, 4 x PATA
* Integrated Gigabit MAC
* High Definition Audio (192k/24bit, 8-channel)

Michal

Thanks for the answer!

So VT8239 was canceled?

GBit-LAN and HD-Audio are very nice to have! Im looking forward for an Athlon 64 mainboard with the VT8251!

Thanks for the answer!

So VT8239 was canceled?

GBit-LAN and HD-Audio are very nice to have! Im looking forward for an Athlon 64 mainboard with the VT8251!

VT8239 was renamed to VT8251, after we decided to add PCI Express support to the Southbridge.

Michal

Original geschrieben von Michal Lisiecki
The new SouthBridge - VT8251 - is planned for Q3.

Major changes:
* 2 PCI Express lanes (up to two 1x PCI Express devices)
* total 8 storage devices support: 4 x SATA, 4 x PATA
* Integrated Gigabit MAC
* High Definition Audio (192k/24bit, 8-channel)

Will this one be available only in budle with the K8T890 or also with other northbridge- chipsets?
As far as I know the K8T890 will support 20 lanes of PCI- Express is that correct?

And how "big" -will say fast- will the connection between the used northbridge and the southbridge be? Only v-link or will you kick nforce 3's ass? ;D

Cause afaik Nforce3 250gb will support 2 S-ATA devices by northbridge, and that means by Hypertransport... :o

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
imho V-Link 8x is more than fast enough. HT is no real benefit for nvidia!

And because of V-Link mainboard vendora can combine the VT8251 with every V-Link capable Northbridge (every one since KT266 and P4X266).

Original geschrieben von K4mui
Will this one be available only in budle with the K8T890 or also with other northbridge- chipsets?
As far as I know the K8T890 will support 20 lines of PCI- Express is that correct?

And how "big" -will say fast- will the connection between the used northbridge and the southbridge become? Only v-link or will you kick nforce 3's ass? ;D

VT8251 is based on Ultra V-Link with bandwidth of 1066 MB/s.

VT8251 can be linked to all of the V-Link southbridges. I expect to see in on K8, P4 and even K7 platforms, also with older southbridges.

Michal

I think you mean "northbridge" rather than "southbridge"! ;) But that happens...

Perhaps you could answer some questions in the S3 part? Sadly, there seems no S3 guy to be around...

BTW: Thanks for your answers to my questions! It was a real pleasure to talk with you! Unfortunately I have to leave now...

regards

Stefan Bassing

I think you mean "northbridge" rather than "southbridge"! ;) But that happens...

Perhaps you could answer some questions in the S3 part? Sadly, there seems no S3 guy to be around...

BTW: Thanks for your answers to my questions! It was a real pleasure to talk with you! Unfortunately I have to leave now...

regards

Stefan Bassing

Stefan Bassing - a hero of all VIA Forums! Was great to have you with us!

S3 is online - welcome to post any questions.

Michal

Zurück
Oben Unten