Hinweis: Dieser Inhalt ist eine Pressemitteilung des Herstellers. Planet 3DNow! prüft weder die Richtigkeit der Angaben noch die Art der Formulierung. Pressemitteilungen können subjektiv sein und geben nicht notwendigerweise die Meinung der auf Planet 3DNow! schreibenden Autoren wieder.
New Google Compute Engine N2D virtual machines (VMs) based on 2nd Gen AMD EPYC™ processors provide double digit savings and performance improvements over existing N-series instances
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 18, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) and Google Cloud today announced the beta availability of N2D VMs on Google Compute Engine powered by 2nd Gen AMD EPYC™ processors. The N2D family of VMs is a great option for customers running general purpose and high-performance workloads requiring a balance of compute and memory.
N2D VMs are designed to provide customers with:
- Gen AMD EPYC processors that provide greater flexibility for customers to choose the best VM for their workload and up to a 39% performance improvement on the Coremark benchmark versus comparable N1 instances while offering a savings of up to 13% over comparable N-series instances,
- 128 and 224 vCPUs configuration options that offer up to 70% higher platform memory bandwidth compared to existing comparable VMs in the Google Compute Engine catalogue for HPC workloads requiring high memory bandwidth,
- Access to higher platform memory bandwidth and higher core counts, leading to a 100% performance improvement on a variety of benchmarks, including Gromacs and NAMD, compared to n1-standard-96 vCPUs.
AMD EPYC Processors, Powering the Modern Cloud
AMD EPYC processors power more than 120 VMs types from cloud providers and hosters around the world giving end customers access to powerful, cost effective and flexible use VMs.
The beta N2D VMs on Google Cloud Platform are available in us-central1, asia-southeast1, and europe-west4, with more regions on the way. You can read more about the VMs and at the Google Cloud Platform blog here and visit the Google Cloud Console to get started.
- Learn more about AMD EPYC processors here
- Learn more about AMD EPYC for the cloud here
- Learn more about AMD EPYC world records here
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
For 50 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, EPYC and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
AMD Investor Relations