Epia Systems clocked at 1Ghz fast enough for DivX playback?

Hoeni

Commodore Special
Renomée
Standort
Mücke, Hessen
Hi,

last summer a Via employee stated here that an 800Mhz Epiasystem is too slow to play DivX encoded movies at the usual fullscreen resolution (720*576) of DVDs.

While i know that the Epia Systems do have MPEG2 acceleration build in, i still think about builing a small media center system for our livingroom.

Since i do both have movies encoded in DivX and regular DVD's I'm wondering, if the performance of the 1Ghz Systems that came out lately would be enough to properly play DivXes back.

If not: Are there sound plans to bring a 1.13Ghz or even higher clocked version to the market sometime this year?

Original geschrieben von Hoeni
Hi,

last summer a Via employee stated here that an 800Mhz Epiasystem is too slow to play DivX encoded movies at the usual fullscreen resolution (720*576) of DVDs.

While i know that the Epia Systems do have MPEG2 acceleration build in, i still think about builing a small media center system for our livingroom.

Since i do both have movies encoded in DivX and regular DVD's I'm wondering, if the performance of the 1Ghz Systems that came out lately would be enough to properly play DivXes back.

If not: Are there sound plans to bring a 1.13Ghz or even higher clocked version to the market sometime this year?

1GHz system is surely enough decode MPEG4 streams in full resolution.

We have launched our CN400 chipset with MPEG2 and MPEG4 acceleration. This chipset will be integrated in the Nano-ITX (EPIA N-Series) and upcoming Mini-ITX (EPIA SP-series) mainboards.

Michal

Zurück
Oben Unten