Rosetta@home

Sinnvoll wäre mal eine allgemeinverständliche Übersicht, was bei CASP rausgekommen ist.

kryptische Bezeichnungen und Zahlen èn masse sind nicht unbedingt hilfreich.:w_feiern:

ein posting aus dem journal

Mike Tyka's results from your calculations over the past two weeks on rosetta@home are truly exciting! Many of you have found, starting from an extended chain, structures that are close to the crystal structure but much lower in energy. When Mike inspects your very low energy structures, in many cases it seems possible that they may be better models than the experimentally determined structure. We never expected to be in this situation so soon! Our next step is to see whether these low energy structures may actually be as or more consistent with the experimental data than the deposited crystal structure. If true, this would be a new step forward for computational structural biology!

und die übersetzung von obi ausm rkn board

Mike Tyka's Ergebnisse aus Ihreren rosetta@home Berechnungen über die letzten zwei Wochen sind wirklich aufregend! Viele von Ihnen haben, ausgehend von einer gestreckten Kette, Struckturen gefunden, die nahe an der Kristallstrucktur, aber energetisch viel günstiger liegen. Als Mike Ihre sehr niedrigen Energiestruckturen inspizierte, schien es in vielen Fällen möglich das diese bessere Modelle abgeben würden, als die experimentell festgelegte Strucktur. Wir haben nie erwartet so früh in dieser Situation zu sein! Unser nächster Schritt ist zu prüfen ob diese Niedrig-Energie-Struckturen tatsächlich besser mit den experimentellen Daten übereinstimmen als die hinterlegte Kristallstrucktur. Falls ja, würde dies ein neuer Schritt in Richtung rechenbetonte struckturelle Biologie sein!

hier was von der start seite
Well today has not been a good day for R@h. The external interface for our download/upload servers and the Ralph@home project is currently down. We will not be able to fix this until early tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience. Looks like it's going to be a busy day for our servers tomorrow.

laut status seite sind die server sind alle up aber irgend wie bekomm ich keine connect dorthin

mittlerweile scheints ja wieder zu laufen :)

hier noch ein nachtrag von den rosetta team auf ihrer seite ^^

Bloody Hell! What a day! First I kill the database server by inadvertently yanking it out of the rack and away from it's plugs when removing the old fileserver from the rack - DK saved the day there. Next the backbone switch for the entire project went bonkers after the server upon which it had been resting - the same old fileserver - was removed (see above), resulting in a small torque upon the switch chassis. I propped the switch up to relieve any torque, rebooted it and all was well. The group would be better off paying me NOT to come to work! -KEL

Bin mal mit Schleppi dabei, sinnlos in der Ecke rumliegen sehe ich nicht so gerne. 8)
Für eine Wu scheint es über 3h zu benötigen, aktuell 83% bei 2H30min.
Du kannst bei Rosetta einstellen wie lange an einer WU gearbeitet wird. D. h. die Frage bei diesem Projekt ist nicht, wie lange eine WU dauert, sondern wieviel in dieser Zeit geschafft wird (messbar an den erhaltenen Credits).

Du kannst bei Rosetta einstellen wie lange an einer WU gearbeitet wird. D. h. die Frage bei diesem Projekt ist nicht, wie lange eine WU dauert, sondern wieviel in dieser Zeit geschafft wird (messbar an den erhaltenen Credits).
Öhm danke TiKu für die Erklärung.
Irgendwie nervt mich das Läppi doch wieder mit dem ständigen Lüftergeräusch.
Werd das Ding wieder deaktivieren, sry.

Ist eh nur 1,74Ghz P4M ohne GPGPU Unterstützung.

gibt mal wieder eine news ausm journal vom david baker

The presentations made by the CASP8 assessors are now available at http://predictioncenter.org/casp8/docs.cgi?view=presentations.

We apologize for the outages over the past several weeks. The very good news is that Mike Tyka, Andrew Leaver-Fay and David Kim in an all out effort the past two weeks have identified the causes of many of the remaining errors some of you have been getting with the new rosetta code, and we hope that the error rate will now be much lower. I am very excited to see the results of the next weeks of calculations on rosetta@home--we are investigating some very fundamental issues. I'll give you a full report when your results are back in and we have had a

hier noch die google übersetzung

Die Präsentationen, die von den Prüfern CASP8 sind ab sofort in http://predictioncenter.org/casp8/docs.cgi?view=presentations.

Wir entschuldigen uns für die Ausfälle in den vergangenen Wochen. Die gute Nachricht ist, dass Mike Tyka, Andrew Leaver-Fay und David Kim in einem Anstrengungen der letzten zwei Wochen haben die Ursachen für viele der verbleibenden Fehler einige von Ihnen haben sich mit dem neuen rosetta-Code, und wir hoffen, dass die Fehlerquote wird jetzt deutlich geringer. Ich bin sehr gespannt auf die Ergebnisse der nächsten Wochen von Berechnungen auf Rosetta @ Home - Wir untersuchen einige sehr grundlegende Fragen. Ich gebe Ihnen einen vollständigen Bericht, wenn Sie Ihre Ergebnisse sind wieder in, und wir haben eine Chance, über ihre Auswirkungen.

desweiteren gibs ein beitrag im thread protein-protein docking at rosetta@home

Hello,

At this point, the coordinates for the previous target in CAPRI have not been released so I can't yet report on whether our predictions thanks to ROSETTA@HOME have been successful. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from the organizers.

In the meantime, another round of CAPRI (round 17) was announced today. The modeling task this time involves homology modeling and docking at the same time. So, we would be able to test both aspects of ROSETTA as well as the ability to dovetail the two tasks. Such modeling challenges are quite common in real-world scenarios, where we know the structure of one of the partners but only have a template for the other. So, this round of CAPRI offers us a chance to see how well we do at such a task.

Over the next few days, I'll send out a very small number of simulations on ROSETTA @ HOME to test the protocols that I intend to use this time. These will involve both rigid-body docking of the partners and backbone motions (and you'll be able to see how those combine using the graphics application). Later in the week I will submit a large batch of trajectories to carry out the actual prediction task.

I'm excited to see how well we do at this and will keep you posted on the results from previous round of CAPRI.

mal wieder was aus dem journal von david baker

We are very excited--the new improved mini Rosetta code should now be running on your computers, hopefully very smoothly, and we have really exciting fundamental science questions that you will be helping us tackle this week. HIgh on the list are the comparison of Rosetta low energy structures to native structures I mentioned recently (might the Rosetta models in some cases be more accurate??), and a comprehensive test of new comparative modeling methodologies we have developed after CASP8 last summer based on what we learned from your CASP8 results. We have developed several different approaches which use the information from already solved related structures to different extents, and we are excited to learn how the new methods compare to our CASP8 approach and which of the new methods is the best.

desweitern sieht es ja ganz gut in der abstimmung zum PDM :) vllt schaffen wir es ja das intel team zu überholen und vllt machen wir ja ein internes pdm race :)

mal wieder eine post im protein-protein docking at Rosetta@Home thread von sarel, die google übersetzung ist leider nicht so der hit also falls wer so nett wäre das ganze zu übersetzen :)

Hello,

The second stage of this round of CAPRI has started. This targets the same two partners as the previous stage, but we have been given the coordinates of the structure which previously we had to predict based on homology modeling. From a preliminary analysis James (who had produced this homology model) and I found that the homology model that we used in the previous stage was largely correct except for one long loop which we modeled incorrectly. Nevertheless, it seems like the main binding modes that we predicted previously would be unaffected by the modeling of that loop. Now that we have the coordinates of that structure we should be much better placed to make high-accuracy predictions.

One word of caution is that as in the previous stage the system that we're modeling is quite large (450 residues across both protein partners). We've run such simulations before using ROSETTA @ HOME with no memory issues but I expect result files to be quite large. Please let me know if you run into any trouble.

Ich bekomme keine Arbeit. Server can't attach shared memory...

Hat irgendjemand auch das Problem?

Ich habe Arbeit aber ich finde das dieses Minirosetta mit 250MB doch ganz ordentlich RAM verschlingt :o

Wie gut das ich meinem X2 kürzlich 4GB spendiert habe ;D

Ich habe Arbeit aber ich finde das dieses Minirosetta mit 250MB doch ganz ordentlich RAM verschlingt :o

Wie gut das ich meinem X2 kürzlich 4GB spendiert habe ;D

ja rosetta verbraucht ne menge ram, ka warum das so ist ^^

weiß nicht bei den rechner die 24/7 laufen bei euch könnt ihr ja die rechenzeit bei rosetta auf 24 stunden erhöhen ;)

zufinden ist die einstellung bei Rosetta@home-Einstellungen ---> target cpu run time

hier die systemvorraussetzungen für rosetta http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/rah_requirements.php

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten