Formula Boinc 2022

Wenn das beim Pentathlon genauso wird, hab ich jetzt schon kein Bock mehr. Na wir werden sehen.

Keine Angst, es wird ja nicht genauso, es wird deutlich schlimmer! *rofl* *elchgrins*

So langsam finde ich wir sollten unseren eigenen Pentathlon machen. Mit unsren fairen Regeln. Und Olsen ist immer schuld ;D* exorbitant frech grins*;D

@DavidBAM

If there are only that few guys computing in your team, how can you achieve that much credits? Don't get me wrong - I don't wanna "spy" you. It's just because it's interesting me. In my imagination I see a server in the basement of each of the six guys. Do you use professional Hardware or is it "regular" consumer hardware? Again, it's not to spy you, I just wanna understand how big the rusty nail in the head of you guys is. ("rusty nail in the head" is a expression in Germany for a guy being completely "addicted" to something or crazy for something e. g. fast cars, driving fast or racing.

Plus why is Formula Boinc that important for you guys? I mean everybody likes to win for sure. But it's about nothing, actually. Kept in mind in the way you guys take part there must be a huge amount of time, energy and money you few guys spend on formula Boinc whereas in other teams all this is distributed on more people.

It's just to understand your point of view, because my approach seems to be "little" different.

These are very good questions. Thank you for asking

Yes, I think we all have very large, very rusty nails in our heads. We own our hardware and, yes, the vast majority is consumer hardware. Old guys with more money than sense maybe?

Bunkering is the key as I'm sure you have seen & competitive crunching is what we enjoy. Formula Boinc but also Pentathlon. FB is of particular interest as we were initially denied access to League 1 because the team was too small - I guess we wanted to prove a point.

So what started, for me, as something to help cancer research (too many friends diagnosed or dead), has become a time-consuming, cash-consuming hobby. #Addicted

I hope Google translates accurately for your team mates ...

Das sind sehr gute Fragen. Danke für die Nachfrage

Ja, ich glaube, wir alle haben sehr große, sehr rostige Nägel im Kopf. Wir besitzen unsere Hardware und ja, die überwiegende Mehrheit ist Consumer-Hardware. Alte Kerle mit mehr Geld als Verstand vielleicht?

Bunkern ist der Schlüssel, wie Sie sicher gesehen haben, und kompetitives Knirschen ist das, was wir genießen. Formula Boinc aber auch Pentathlon. FB ist von besonderem Interesse, da uns zunächst der Zugang zur Liga 1 verweigert wurde, weil das Team zu klein war – ich denke, wir wollten einen Punkt beweisen.

Was also für mich als etwas begann, um der Krebsforschung zu helfen (zu viele Freunde wurden diagnostiziert oder starben), ist zu einem zeitaufwändigen, bargeldfressenden Hobby geworden. #Süchtig

Addicted?? Who Me?? I've gone through the Cruncher 12 Step Program.

My other Habits include Shooting/Guns $$$ and working to pay for said habits..
All the kids are grown some with kids of their own. So it's just the wife and Dogs and myself..

Maybe if I had less computers I could shoot more or if I shot less I could have more computers.
Plus it keeps the mind active..

@PecosRiverM

shooting habits i share with you maybe it's easier in the great state of texas to realize

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
These are very good questions. Thank you for asking

Yes, I think we all have very large, very rusty nails in our heads. We own our hardware and, yes, the vast majority is consumer hardware. Old guys with more money than sense maybe?

Bunkering is the key as I'm sure you have seen & competitive crunching is what we enjoy. Formula Boinc but also Pentathlon. FB is of particular interest as we were initially denied access to League 1 because the team was too small - I guess we wanted to prove a point.

So what started, for me, as something to help cancer research (too many friends diagnosed or dead), has become a time-consuming, cash-consuming hobby. #Addicted

Ok... your whole basement is full of computers... :unsure: it's worse than I ever expected... ;-)

It's kind of crazy how much some guys compute. Looking at the top crunchers of the projects I participate I often wonder how they cope with all the problems coming along with providing that much computing power (e. g. energy consumption and heat).

Maybe you could drop a few lines on the heat problem and how you solve that. Just opening the windows or is some kind of air condition necessary for that?

It's kind of funny you started with fighting deseases. For me, it started the same way (Folding@home). But soon I got some doubts about biology projects. Finally, I found some projects in astrophysics and particle physics at BOINC. Having personal Interests in that stuff, I changed and stayed.

07.04.2022 13:00 (UTC) - 10.04.2022 12:59 (UTC)
Rosetta@home​

Ja, und per BOINC erstmal 2 GB runterladen, damit die Dinger laufen ;D

Na klasse, seit mein großer Ripper angefangen hatte die erste VBox WU zu rechnen reagiert der BM nicht mehr. Selbst reboots bringen nichts weil er beim Verbindungsversuch mit dem boinc client hängen bleibt.
*admin*

Na klasse, seit mein großer Ripper angefangen hatte die erste VBox WU zu rechnen reagiert der BM nicht mehr. Selbst reboots bringen nichts weil er beim Verbindungsversuch mit dem boinc client hängen bleibt.
*admin*
Sobald eine neue WU startet, sieht es bei mir auch für 30 - 90 Sekunden so aus, als würde sich der BM aufhängen. Er fängt sich aber bei mir und rechnet normal weiter.

*admin*
Es hilft nur warten... je mehr WUs, desto länger. :(

@eiernacken1983
Das ding hat mit der Linux Installation schon locker 6 Reboots hinter sich und der BM wartet seit dem letzten nun schon seit mindestens 10 Minuten auf eine Reaction vom Client. :]

Bei mir hat es bei einem Rechner gut 10 Minuten gedauert bis BoincTask wieder eine Verbindung zu dem Rechner hatte.

Oh man das hatte jetzt gut 15 Minuten gedauert bis eine erste Reaktion kam und bisher laufen 3 von 128 WUs.
Das kann ja lustig werden..... :]

Hi
also bei Rechnern mit HDDs sollte man sehr viel Geduld mitbringen beim start von Rosetta, selbst mit ner M.2 SSD hängt das Boinc kurz fest und dann schreibt er Minuten lang auf die SSD mit deutlich über 200Mb.
lg

siehste: keine rosetten, keine Probleme. ;D

mein Rosenkrieg war auch schnell vorbei alle mit 30sek Brechungsfehler ... daher schade

Zurück
Oben Unten